POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug with post_process and Mac PICT file output : Re: Bug with post_process and Mac PICT file output Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug with post_process and Mac PICT file output
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Apr 2000 12:19:51
Message: <3905c5a7@news.povray.org>
In article <chrishuff_99-3B043C.08465925042000@news.povray.org> , Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom>  wrote:

> Here's an odd problem: when you choose PICT format for the output in
> MacMegaPOV(and my personal compile as well), every line in the
> post-processed image is off by one. The bottom line is garbage, the top
> line is missing, and all lines are moved up by one. This offset might
> also occur with image_maps, etc, but I have not tested that yet.(I
> rarely use images in my scenes, and usually use PNG or TGA format when I
> do)

It might be that some MegaPOV code counts from 1 to image height.  Make sure
that when MegaPOV calls MacFile_ReadLine the parameter line_number starts
with 0, not 1.  Then fix the MegaPOV code (not the sysmacpict code as a 0
base is required for it to work with other POV-Ray code).  You do not notice
this problem with other formats because PICT images cannot be loaded line by
line and therefore need a working line counter, while other formats may not
even use it.

      Thorsten